There isn’t anything worst than non-vibrant whites. Do you find yourself only using your whites a few times and retiring them in your closet? What if we told you we can make them look like new? Here are some tips to bring back the vibrant whites:
- When sorting your white garments, check the labels for warm-water washing. For example, cotton shirts can be washed with rayon clothing.
- Do not overload the washer, white garments should be washed in smaller loads. This avoids any color or stain bleeding and avoids soap residue which dulls fabric.
- Use the hottest water recommended by the label on your garment. Bacteria is yellowing and killing the bacteria will remove some yellowing.
- Use a small amount of detergent. Too much detergent will leave a residue and attract soils.
- Add stain fighting detergent to help remove those tough stains on your white shirts. Try to look for detergents that contains optical brighteners. (see: Spin Doctor Reviews: OxiClean™ White Revive™ Liquid)
- Do not use fabric softener. Fabric softener has dyes and can stain or dull your garments.
- Don’t forget to use the best bleach for your fabric. The best whiteners to use are oxygen-based or natural whiteners like distilled vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda. These do not yellow like chlorine bleach. Chlorine bleach, however, works great with cottons.
- When drying white clothing dry outside. Because the ultraviolet rays from the sun will help to keep the clothing white and brighter. If this is not possible, make sure to dry at the lowest heat setting. Excessive heat can cause stains and lead to yellow fabrics.
- If you think that your laundry detergent is not doing the job, you can boost the performance by adding bluing agent to your wash.
Too many steps for you?
Let us wash them for you, call us at 480-977-6888 and ask about our drop-off program.